After many months and lots of blood, sweat, and tears, the awarding ceremony of AYDAPH2019 is finally here! In just a few hours we will know which of our finalists in Architecture and Interior Design will bring home the gold.
AYDAPH is an acronym for Asia Young Designer Award Philippines, a competition open to Architecture and Interior Design students in their third year or higher. It is a national competition sponsored by Nippon Paint and its partners, of which the Philippines is only one of 15 participating countries. The winner of the national competition will go on to compete at the international AYDA competition where the gold awardees of each participating country will vie for the title of Asia Young Designer of the Year.
Hundreds of entries were screened last December 2019 and whittled down to forty (40) which was later further whittled down to nineteen (19). These 19 are the best of the best for the year.
Finalists in Architecture
Nine (9) architecture students made it through the oral presentations and impressed the judges enough to make it to the finals.
- 2 students each from Bulacan State University and Far Eastern University
- 1 student from Batangas State University, Saint Louis University, Saint Mary’s University, and the Technological Institute of the Philippines
Finalists of Interior Design
Ten (10) interior design students made it through the oral presentations and impressed the judges enough to make it to the finals.
- 5 students from De La Salle College of St. Benilde
- 3 students from the University of San Carlos
- 1 student from University of the East, Caloocan
- 1 student from University of the Philippines, Diliman
The Asia Young Designer Awards challenges students of Architecture and Interior Design to come up with innovative and sustainable designs that could potentially be implemented in the future. Aside from cash prizes the finalists (and especially the winners) have the opportunity at an internship with a prestigious firm.
I, personally, am eager to see what innovations these students have come up with. If you want to see for yourself, register at http://bit.ly/AYDA2019Awarding and come to PETA today see our finalists and their entries for yourself!
- Jennifer Gongora – https://www.facebook.com/nipponpaintaydaph/photos/pcb.2886765114718745/2886762804718976/?type=3&theater
- Clarice Limsui – https://www.facebook.com/nipponpaintaydaph/photos/pcb.2886765114718745/2886761241385799/?type=3&theater
- Erika Mari Ordinario – https://www.facebook.com/nipponpaintaydaph/photos/pcb.2886765114718745/2886761931385730/?type=3&theater
- Jasmine Sy – https://www.facebook.com/nipponpaintaydaph/photos/pcb.2886765114718745/2886761944719062/?type=3&theater
- Michael Gabriel Vasquez – https://www.facebook.com/nipponpaintaydaph/photos/pcb.2886765114718745/2886763318052258/?type=3&theater