One of the easiest Filipino dishes to cook is adobo and Filipinos from all over have their own takes on this much-loved dish. Adding red wine transforms this dish from simple to gourmet.
Pork Adobo with Red Wine, Potatoes, and Mushrooms
- 1.5 kg. pork belly, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1.5 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 pieces bay leaves
- whole button mushrooms cut into quarters
- potatoes cut into quarters
- Marinate overnight all the ingredients except mushrooms and potatoes
- Put everything in the pot slow cook until tender. Once tender add potatoes and mushrooms, do not overcook potatoes.