The third part of this series brings us to the United States and Italy. You could have these two dishes together. 🙂 I have been to restaurants like Almon Marina, for example, that serve half a sandwich with half a pasta order for a meal.
Tuna, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich
Think of the BLT – bacon, lettuce, and tomato – sandwich. Now substitute the delicious bacon with the yummy tuna and you have a TLT sandwich.
Tuna, Lettuce & Tomato (TLT) Sandwiches
- 3 pieces ciabatta or focaccia bread
- 3 tbsp Magnolia Real Mayonnaise
- 3 pieces lettuce leaves
- 1 can (185 g) San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
- 1 pc. (60 g) salad tomato, sliced
- 1 pack (165 g) Magnolia Quickmelt Cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Magnolia Gold Butter Unsalted melted
- Slice bread horizontally in the center. Spread mayonnaise on the inner side of the bread. On each bread, place a piece of lettuce, a third portion of the tuna, tomato slices, and cheese.
- Brush the outer side of the sandwich with melted butter. Toast bread in a preheated Panini machine for 1 to 2 minutes or until the pressed sandwich is golden brown. Serve hot.
Tuna Aglio Olio
Aglio Olio is a dieter’s go-to pasta dish but, I will be honest with you, it isn’t the most exciting dish. Adding tuna and some spices elevates the flavor of this dish.
Tuna Aglio Olio Pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cans (185 g) each San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Oil
- 200 g squid ink spaghetti noodles pre-cooked according to package directions
- 200 g spaghetti noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a hot pan, then sauté the garlic, tomatoes, and tuna over medium heat.
- Toss in both kinds of pasta. Add chili flakes and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.