Shrimp Aglio e Olio is an Italian pasta dish that is a healthier alternative to cream-based or tomato-based pasta dishes. It also cooks very quickly. If you love shrimp then this is a good pasta recipe to try.
Shrimp Aglio e Olio
- 1/2 kilo jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped a couple of handfuls
- coarse salt
- 500 grams spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- Cook spaghetti to al dente and then set it aside.
- Combine shrimp with lemon juice, parsley, garlic, sea salt, and olive oil,(see ingredients under the grouping SHRIMP) and toss to coat shrimp evenly.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add half of the shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 minutes until pink and just firm.
- Remove shrimp to a warm platter and repeat process with remaining shrimp.
- Return pan to heat and reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and pepper flakes to oil.
- Toss spaghetti in the pan with parsley and the garlic oil, then season with a little coarse salt, to your taste.
- Top with garlic and oil spaghetti with shrimp plus sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
I like to use Molinera Sundried Tomatoes which you can buy at Unimart or any other big supermarkets. It’s best to use suahe shrimps it has more flavor than prawns.