This recipe first appeared on the Sweet K – All Things Yummy Community page. Watch out for new recipes here and on the Community page.
Sinigang is a staple dish in a Filipino kitchen and there are many versions of this, too. Here is a unique spin on this popular dish.
Watermelon Beef Short Rib Sinigang
- 1 kg beef short ribs
- 1/2 kg Watermelon slices or more much better
- Tamarind paste (I used Suree which you can buy it in any supermarket, you can also try Tamarind powder but I like this better)
- Fish sauce (patis)
- Sliced onions
- Ripe tomatoes (you can use any but I used cherry tomatoes)
- Radish, sliced
- Okra (which I didn’t have because of the lockdown)
- Siling haba
- Boil beef and scoop out the impurities.
- Then add tomatoes, watermelon, and onions.
- Add Patis then bring to boil before you taste it. Always make it a habit to taste it before adding more salt or Patis. When you add let it boil first so it is properly distributed.
- Slow-cook the ribs at low heat until the meat is tender.
- Add tamarind paste then the veggies do not overcook.