Fish cooked in creamy coconut cream and milk that is truly delectable. Mouthwatering Fried fish cooked to perfection with the creamy goodness of the Coconut Milk and Coconut Cream.
- a big saucepot, I prefer a big wok
- chopping board
- 1 piece Onion Minced
- 4 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 thumb-sized Ginger Sliced
- 2 cups Coconut Cream
- 2 Large Tilapia or Pla Pla Washed & Cleaned
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce patis
- 1/2 piece Cube
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 pieces Green Chillies Washed
- 2 packs Chilli Tops Washed
- Rub salt on the Fish. This will give flavor to the Tilapia. Make sure that you get into all the crevices of the Fish.
- In a hot pan, pour in the Cooking Oil. Fry the Fish until completely cooked.
- Once the fish is completely cooked, you set it aside so that we can make the sauce.
- In the remaining oil, you saute the onion until it is translucent. And then you can add in the Garlic and Ginger next.
- And then you can pour in the Coconut Cream and Milk.
- You may now add in the cube and the fish sauce.
- Followed by the Black Pepper and the Green Chillies.
- Afterward, you can also add in the Sugar to give it more flavor.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- You can now add the fish that was set aside. Let the fish absorb all that creamy goodness from the Coconut cream and milk.
- Add in the Chilli Tops last, so that it won't be overcooked. At this point you can turn the heat off, the steam would cook the leaves.