For the new year, I had my youngest make this dish. Please know that my youngest is not used to being in the kitchen and he did great! That’s how you know this really is an easy dish to make.
This dish turned out so well that we forgot to take a picture before eating it, lol! I’ll probably cook this again and, hopefully, someone remembers to take a pic for us to include in this post.
Even if you are not fond of vegetables, you’ll want to try this!
Easy Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- 1 pot For steaming or blanching the broccoli
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 saucepan For making the sauce
- 1 casserole or baking dish This is where we assemble and bake
- 1 oven
- 1 pound Broccoli A big head; broken into florets
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 cloves garlic crush
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar chees grated, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F
Prepare the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Steam or blanch the broccoli. Make sure it is still crisp.
- Transfer cooked broccoli into a mixing bowl.
Prepare the sauce
- Combine the cream cheese, all-purpose cream, garlic, salt, and pepper in the saucepan.
- Over low heat, stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
Creating the casserole
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and mix well but gently until all pieces are covered.
- Transfer everything to the casserole or baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheddar has browned.
- Serve immediately.