Here’s a fancy dish you could prepare at home for that special dinner date with your honey.
Black Truffle Pasta
- large pot
- large skillet
- 500 grams cooked pasta of your choice
- 3 tbsps truffle oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml.)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (125 ml.)
- 3 tbsps butter
- Thin slices of fresh black truffle (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pack fresh button mushrooms
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until slightly tender.
- Drain the pasta and oil lightly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter for about 1 minute.
- Add garlic do not overcook.
- Stir in Fresh mushrooms, dash of salt and pepper and scoop out then set it aside
- Add the pasta and coat thoroughly with the oil
- Season with salt and pepper. don't forget to add also the parmesan cheese
- Stir in the truffle oil and mushroom
- Garnish it with fresh truffle or drizzle with truffle oil and parmesan.
Top this pasta dish with baked scallops. If you have cooked baked tahong in the past, this is prepared the same way.
- 1 kg. scallops on shell
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- pepper, freshly ground
- In a bowl combine together garlic, butter, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl combine mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Place scallops in a baking tray
- Top each scallop with some butter mixture and cheese
- Place scallops in the oven then bake for 15 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.