Elote is classified as Mexican street food. It is corn smothered in sauce and spices. Most Filipinos prefer plain steamed/boiled sweet corn. But hang on, let’s try this recipe. It might be our next new favorite snack. 🙂
- 4 pieces sweet corn
- 4 tbsps sour cream I prefer more
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise I prefer less
- Tajin powder or Spanish Paprika whichever is available
- 4 tbsps melted butter at least
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated or you may use Parmesan cheese
- Prep the corn by removing the husk and silk.
- Boil water in a pot. Once boiled add the corn and continue boiling for 3 to 5 minutes until cooked.
- Remove the cooked corn from the water to drip and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Coat the corn in the melted butter and then brush with the mayo mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and tajin/paprika