Doughnuts have been a popular sweet indulgence of Pinoys since these were introduced about 4 decades ago. And from then on, doughnuts have evolved, even trended, into exciting formats and flavors.
Doughnut you know that you can now whip up consistent, #Madalicious, premium quality yet affordable doughnuts to satisfy you and your family’s cravings or start up a sweet profitable business venture? San Miguel Mills Inc (SMMI) added recently to its line of baking premixes
Mix ‘n Fry Yeast Raised Doughnut Mix. You doughnut need to make doughnuts from scratch, which will incur a lot of your precious time. Instead, just add yeast, water, and oil to the premix and be ready to churn out 2 dozen delicious, soft doughnuts! Get glazy with these doughnuts.
- 7 cups Mix 'n Fry Yeast Raised Donut Mix 1 kg
- 4 tsps. Emperor's Best Instant Yeast 11 grams
- 1 1/2 cups water plus 1/2 tbsp. 350 grams
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil plus 2 tsps. 55 grams
- 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar plus 1/2 tbsp. 600 grams
- 2 tsps. gelatin powder 6 grams
- 1/2 cup hot water plus 1/2 tbsp. 120 grams
- 2 tbsps. corn syrup plus 1 tsp. 45 grams
- Combine all ingredients and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Scrape sides.
- Shift to high speed and mix until the dough is fully developed. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough (‘’sheet’’) to about 10mm thickness and rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut out using a doughnut cutter and arrange on cheesecloth-lined trays. Proof for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the fryer to 180°C. Fry for 40 seconds on each side. Drain excess oil on paper towels and cool.
- Coat with sugar or apply sugar glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and gelatin and mix while gradually adding hot water.
- Add the light corn syrup and mix until smooth and thin.