Garlic Butter Shrimp is so easy to cook. The main reason we don’t prepare this more often is that shrimp is quite expensive. Today my mom got half a kilo for Bubu which she graciously shared with us. 🙂
Here is my recipe for Garlic Butter Shrimp.
Garlic butter shrimp
- 500 grams shrimp
- Sprite for marinating
- 8 tbsps Anchor butter 1 stick
- half a head of garlic minced
- Wash and clean the shrimp by cutting the whiskers short and place in a clean bowl.
- Pour in enough Sprite to cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan and melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and mix. You want the taste of the garlic and butter to really incorporate.
- Using tongs, arrange the shrimp in the saucepan so that all the pieces are flat and swimming in the butter. Lower the flame and cover.
- After 1 minute remove the cover and flip the pieces of shrimp. to properly cook the other side, too. Cook uncovered for 1 minute then turn off the stove.
- Your dish is now ready to serve.
Plating the shrimp
Plating is important. It makes the dish look even yummier than it already is.
- Get your serving dish (preferably one with a lip as this dish has a sauce) and carefully lay out the shrimp. I suggest using tongs for this.
- Get a spoon and scoop out the garlic from the pan and place it down the center of the dish.
- Pour (or spoon) the butter sauce over the shrimp to make it look shiny and moist.