It is a recipe that I have learned from my Grandmother. There are different variations of cooking Adobo, but this is a special one that I have been cooking from the day that I have learned doing this.
Servings: 6 People
- a big saucepot, I prefer a big wok
- 1 bulb Garlic Crushed
- 1 piece Onion Sliced
- 2 pieces Bell peppers Diced
- 3 pieces Potatoes Cubed
- 1 kilo Pork Liempo Cubed
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 pieces Laurel Leaf
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- Place the pork in the pot. Add in the water, vinegar, and Soy Sauce.
- Add in the Coarse Ground Black Pepper and Black Pepper and the Laurel Leaf, Onion, and Garlic.
- Add in the Bell Pepper, Potatoes, and Sugar, Bring to Boil.
- Cook until the pork and the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced in half.
- Remove the remaining sauce and set it aside.
- Add the oil, fry the Adobo for a few minutes. Add in the Oyster Sauce.
- After stir-frying the Adobo, add the sauce right back in.
- Let it boil again until the sauce reduces a bit.
- After that, you can turn off the heat and it is ready to serve.
See the video version below: